Monday, February 2, 2009

02.02.09 Long time!

So I know...it has been -ages- since I wrote. It was definitely not my intention but I guess it just happens like that. I don't even know if anyone reads this anymore...but its worth a shot I guess.

Life has been really good lately. I had a nice relaxing 2 week vacation during Christmas and New Years. The staff at WorldVision had a Christmas lunch on the 19th of December which was a lot of fun. We played Secret Santa (I got a beautiful pair of earrings) and ate a tasty dinner. The past 2 months, my relationship with everyone there has really improved and I feel like a part of the team which is really great.

I spent vacation in El Negrito...a lot of time at Reina's house and a lot of time working on house projects. My friend Shawn was a huge help with a bunch of stuff and I can finally say I am content with the way my house looks. We painted my living room and kitchen light blue, built a bookshelf for my living room and also 2 tables, one for my fridge and one for my TV. I put up some pictures of friends and family and also postcards with art. I bought another hammock so I can relax in my carport and people watch. And I am still working on organizing my office (2nd bedroom) but it is definitely looking much better. I spent NYE at my friends Vanessa's house, eating tamales, dancing punta and surrounded by her family.

So I have been back at work since the beginning of January. Things were slow at first but now work is abundant and I am definitely going to be busy...and school hasn't started yet so I will probably be running around like a crazy woman in a few weeks. Haha. But I think we all know I prefer it like that. January was spent helping my counterpart Doris with graphs for when we weighed all the kids under 5 in our community. I also gave a workshop on respiratory infections to health volunteers last week which went well. I have been working with the HIV committee trying to get things started again after the break and figuring out our plan for this year. We had a really nice Christmas dinner at my house in December. :)

My birthday was 2 weeks ago and I had some friends over for a barbeque which was a great time. I even got my own personal cake (3 Leches, my favorite!!!) I know that 24 isn't old...but I freaked out a little about the fact that I am going to turn 25 next year!! I haven't left town since I got back from the States in November which hasn't really bothered me but I have been feeling a little itchy to go to the beach or something so I think a trip plan is in order!

February 13th is one year in country (wow time flies!)

3 comments:

Momma said...

Of course your blog is read!!!! Makes my day! I'm happy to hear you enjoying your home and can hardly wait to see it! I love you and am very proud of you! Besos sweet Andi!

Anonymous said...

I read it! Did you get my letter?

Anonymous said...

he he, everytime you say that you danced punta makes me laugh and miss you that much more..... besos, besos my sweet sweet stinky butt sister!