Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Cumpleanos de mi Mama!

So March 1st was my host mom’s birthday and we had a party! I made “Andi Pasta” and they all loved it! This being despite the fact that I didn’t measure a thing and didn’t have the right spices. Does that mean I’m a ‘real’ cook now? We also had a yummy chocolate cake and we all sang happy birthday while my abuelo played the guitar. It was fantastic and I’m pretty sure the first time they have celebrated my mom’s birthday with a PCV. Yay! Then my sister [who is really my aunt but only 28 so she feels more like my sister] and I went out for a drink and then to the disco. I learned how to dance meringue which was exciting.

More to come soon...I promise. I´m in Yarumela for FBT and Internet is limited. Love you all!!

2 comments:

Momma said...

Great to hear from you! What fun to celebrate your mama. Yes, you are now an official cook and we will hire you anytime! We request Andi pasta weekly. Looking forward to hearing more about your new host family and your FBT. Hugs for you sweet Andi! We love you and miss you! Momma

Anonymous said...

Its so good to hear from you again! I love every little bit of info you can throw our way, no matter how mundane it might sound to you, I eat it up! I hope your 6 weeks of training goes well, and you learn lots of new skills to help you over the next 2 years! I would like to put a request in for Andi's cooking as well when you return! Big Hug, I miss you Stinky Butt!! :) Nik