Saturday, March 15, 2008

3.12.08 Cero Basura

So I’m guessing that from now on, I’m going to have to write several blogs at home and then post them when I get the chance to go to Internet, which isn’t very often. Ho-hum. Anyway…yesterday was an exciting day. We went to a local elementary school where some PCV’s were giving charlas about washing your hands and not littering. We got to watch the 2 presentations and then all the kids gathered in the gym to watch a play that the PCV’s put on about littering and recycling. It was really fun…everything was really creative and well thought out. Plus, I got to play with a bunch of the kids before the play started which I loved. One of the girls was named Andrea too so we immediately become best friends. While I was knelt down talking to her and her friends, they all starting petting my hair and telling me how beautiful it was. I was so flattered…one of the other PCT’s got some pictures of it. I absolutely adore the children here…It definitely got me excited to get out in the field and do work. The campaign that they started is called Cero Basura [zero trash] and I can probably start something similar in my site which I think would be awesome.

Also, my Spanish class is in charge of organizing the Dia de Cultural that we are going to have next week with all the host families so we got started on that today. We need to make invitations and find a place to host it and decorate said place and some other things. I’m excited, it should be a lot of fun. And each class is going to do something that demonstrates American culture…we picked the Electric Slide. Yay!

I’m running late for class but more to come I promise!

No comments: