Friday, June 19, 2009

reconnect

I have -so- much to write about...I don't even know where to start.


Life is good...life is beautiful and wonderful and I am so blessed to be here and be having this experience and to have people cross my path and influence my life.


Work is busy busy and I am completely enjoying the projects that I am working on right now...mainly I am working with my youth group who is slowly but surely preparing to give HIV charlas in the high school and also I am working on a project called Olla Comun [Common Pot basically] where we are teaching groups of mothers with children who are underweight how to cook more nutricious.


[That last sentence was probably awful English...I swear the longer I am here, the worse my English gets. Haha.]


Last week when I went up to Santa Lucia to weigh kids under 5 for the monthly AIN-C meeting [basically its monitoring kids under 2 years old in communities but in SL there are a lot of problems so we weigh all kids under 5] and where the mothers recieve a nutricious snack and nutrition counseling. In May, one of the girls had lost weight because she had been sick and I gave the mom some tips for nutrition and foods to give the girl. Well this month the girl put on weight and was in the appropiate category again for her age and the mom told me that she started giving the girl eggs to eat because I had told her that they were good for her. And she thanked me for the advice and said it was so helpful.


I can honestly say that that one experience is more than enough to have me be completely satisfied with my service. :)


I think for a bit of time I allowed myself to get really consumed with minute issues and was so concerned with things that, in the big picture, don't matter at all. I forgot -why- I am here and sort of lost my way. I feel competely on track now and refocused which is a great feeling. I am genuinely happy...despite all the frustrations and everything else, I absoutely -love- my job and I couldn't be happier about my decision to join PC.

No comments: