Monday, June 22, 2009

Madrina

Despite the fact that I was working for most of it...I had a fantastic weekend.

Friday night the power went out after I huge thunderblot struck so I spent most of the evening at my neighbor's house, gossiping, and eating and just hanging out with her family. Saturday morning I woke up and headed to Las Brisas and Jocomico [the 2 communities where we are working in the Olla Comun project] and spent the morning cooking with the mothers which is always fun. I washed some clothes at home and then spent the rest of the evening at Shawn's mom's house which was so fun...his entire family was there so it was quite a full house. I adore all of them so much...between them and Reina's family, I feel so blessed to know all these people who treat me like family :)

Then yesterday I spent the entire day helping with the fundraiser for the Nutritional Center which was such a great time...I got to hang out with Los Rebeldes and all the girls that work at the Center...we raised a lot of money, ate yummy food and just goofed off which was so fun.

Today I went to the communities for Olla Comun again and I was asked to be the godmother [madrina] for 2 different women's daughters. I was so touched by them asking...that I said yes right away. I never knew it would be so possible to feel so at home in another country where I have a completely different culture and background from everyone else.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...life is so beautiful and I am so blessed and happy to be here.

2 comments:

Momma said...

I love you Andi.... thanks for sharing the journey with us... Besos,

Anonymous said...

Andrea! Me encanta escuchar que te va muy bien. Estos son los dias que esperamos cuando uno sirve a la comunidad. Espero que lo leas en un dia que no te va bien y te preguntas por que estas alli.