Tuesday, September 16, 2008

9.14.08 Traveling galore...

I hosted a very successful housewarming party a few weeks ago, complete with homemade guacamole, special punch and lots of music. We danced, ate and drank and had a wonderful time. Next up…Christmas party?

The following week was filled with traveling…

-I spent the first week of September helping with the HIV ToT for the new group of PAM (Protected Areas Management) trainees. They were finishing up FBT in Monte Redondo, which is about 30 minutes outside of Tegus. There are no hotels in the area and I stayed with the sweetest host family. They gave me guava jelly when I left and made me promise that I would come back and visit. The ToT went well…some of the trainees said they would be interested in doing HIV work in their site so hopefully I can help some of them do that when they get settled.
-Myself and the other volunteers who were helping with the training spent Friday night in Tegus so Allison and I took the opportunity to go out. We had dinner at Ruby Tuesday´s and then headed to Sabor Cubano, a Cuban restaurant with awesome mojitos and lots of salsa music. We ended the night getting down with 3 professional Honduran dancers at some random bar. Tons of fun…
-Then I headed to Santa Lucia for the weekend to see my host family. I had a great time catching up and eating delicious food. My sister Waleska and I went to watch the Honduras vs. Canada soccer game on Saturday and then shopping at the mall on Sunday. My mom told me that I was welcome there whenever I want and that my room is always open to me. Yay.
-Monday I jumped on a bus to Yarumela to spend the night with my FBT host family. It was so great to see my niece and nephew, I miss them so much. Josue and I went swimming in the river and then Karen and I cooked dinner and gossiped on the patio until bedtime. I got a jalon with my boss to Siguatepeque for Reconnect-Project Workshop the following day.
-I spent Tuesday-Friday with my fellow health volunteers, catching up on life and listening to some new info. I gave a presentation on sexuality during a round robin that we had which was a lot of fun and hopefully informative to some. It was really great to see everyone and find out how everyone has been doing. We also got to experience a mini Exposida put on by an NGO here in Honduras so it gave me some great ideas for ours, which is coming up quickly.
-I finally returned to home sweet home on Friday. I spent the weekend catching up with Emelina and just relaxing. Saturday night was the birthday party of the owner of the Club, Oscar, who is a good friend of mine. I had a great time…dancing and meeting people. BTW…my –entire- town knows that I –love- to dance…it cracks me up.


I need Halloween costume ideas!

1 comment:

Momma said...

What a whirlwind trip! Glad to hear you built in some personal days with your family and probably enjoyed the cooler weather. Halloween...Cereal (serial) killer is always fun, or how about going as a gringo? Love you and Miss you, Besos, besos for you sweet Andi, Momma