Monday, February 4, 2008

t-minus 6 days

Greetings all,

Thanks for visiting my blogspot [sidenote: who came up with the word blog? It's so -repulsive-] So, I'm leaving for Honduras to work with the Peace Corps as a Health Educator in their HIV/AIDS Prevention & Child Survival Programs in less than a week. It's definitely still surreal that I'm leaving the country for over 2 years. I know it will not fully register until I am stepping off the plane in Tegus [the nickname for the capital there.]

I know I should have a million things to do, but all I really need to do is pack and I'm surprisingly relaxed about it. I suppose my mother is worried enough for the both of us, bless her. I am definitely excited though...I keep reminiscing about my time in Latin America in 2005 and what a wonderful life changing experience it was, just as I am sure this one will be.

7 comments:

Gerardo Pujado said...

Andi! Lo harás de maravilla! Ten cuidado con ese acento chileno weona! No te van a entender ni una weá si hablas borracha! aajajajaj

Hey! Send me your emails to the gmail address, same user as hotmail. The latter is only for messenger stuff and junk massive emails.

Kisses and hugs from your very friend from your very country

Gerardo :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear about your adventures, successes, and new friends. Love you, Momma

Field of Theatrical Dreams said...

Have the most amazing! Incredible time!
They are so lucky to have you...
Best wishes!

Kimmy
Directorhughes@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I JUST realized that you left this morning and meant to call you last night! Now I feel like crap! Hope your trip is/was safe!

Richie10enbaum said...

You are going to do amazing things for yourself as well as for others. I miss you.
-r.

Anonymous said...

AMC:

So glad to know that you arrived safely and that your host family gave you a warm welcome.
The adventure has begun!
Love,
dad

Anonymous said...

YOU are amazing....I am living your dream adventure through your words...please keep it up! I am sending you hugs from Santa Cruz California...you are missed but wished the best always that life has to offer Andrea...take care and continue to enjoy your new experiences!
xo Marie