Thursday, July 3, 2008

7.1.08 July?

Another month has passed and suddenly, we are half way through 2008. How on earth did that happen? Sometimes it seems like just yesterday I was celebrating NYE with Paul at Downtown Disney, but other times it seems like staging in DC was a million years ago. How strange…

With each passing day, my English seems to be getting worse and worse so I apologize if this as well as future blogs are confusing and make no sense. Maybe I should start writing these in Spanish…

Given my linguistic difficulties, I believe I shall provide a brief list of current highlights:

  • Stomach is a-ok…even after consuming lots of straight from the cow milk (which is delicious I must say) and huevo de toro (yes, that would be bull testicle.) Cultural experience right? :)
  • The fundraiser for the Nutritional Center was a smashing success, I sold my tasty cookies and got totally sunburnt while trekking around town asking for money. We raised almost 80,000 limperas which is awesome.
  • Attended a gringo get-together in Yorito, hosted by the 2 volunteers that live there. Got to meet the rest of the PCV’s in my department and eat pollo y tajadas. Yummy.
  • Work is insanely busy as usual…I gave HIV charlas to 7th, 8th, and 9th grade in San Jose, an aldea 30 minutes outside of Negrito. It was a lot of fun and I can’t wait to go back
  • Also work related…I started giving health charlas to 5th and 6th grade at the girls school which is more the fulfilling, the girls are absolutely adorable.
  • I was a judge at the lip-syncing festival last Friday which, of course, was so fun. The 11 participants were from different schools in the area and all were decked out in costumes and had some pretty sweet dance moves.
  • I am moving into my house this week, just in time for the beginning of the feria, which from what I have heard, is the best in the department. Woohoo!

3 comments:

Momma said...

Hola sweet Andi, what fun to hear of your activities! You are definitely getting a variety of experiences and touching many people's hearts along the way. The passing of time is an interesting thing...glad to know you are puzzled by it too. The words "staying in the moment" come to mind so as to not miss out on anything. Besos, besos for you, Love you and miss you...

Momma said...

Life is calling. How far will you go? Besos, besos, sweet Andi

Unknown said...

miss you darlin. get a couch ready :)