Wednesday, April 2, 2008

4.1.08 Cockfights and enchiladas

Sunday was an interesting day. A group of us went to La Paz to see a cockfight. I figured I wouldn’t be too entertained by the whole thing but that it would be a good cultural experience. Well it was definitely an experience…I was probably 1 of 5 women in the whole place which I expected but it was still weird. And the cockfights are really gruesome…more so than I expected. It was really hot that day and all the sudden, I started feeling dizzy and seeing white spots so I went outside and sat down, pretty close to fainting. Whew…a bit scary but all is well. Eventually I came home and made delicious beef enchiladas for my family, which they loved!

Here are some more pictures of my adventures…

Bottom to top (sorry, they got pasted funny)

  1. My town, Yarumela
  2. Awesome family planning sign at the Health Center in Yarumela
  3. Elementary girls surrounding gringos at the Cero Basura presentation
  4. The truck we rode in the back of to go swimming with Sarah’s family
  5. The organizers of El Dia Cultural
  6. Karen & Josue playing A Pescar
  7. One of the alfombras in Comayagua
  8. The cockfight






2 comments:

Momma said...

Hi Sweetie! Love the pictures! Thanks so much, it truly helps us "see" what you see. Sorry to hear about the light-headedness, glad it did not continue. What a treat for family to enjoy you culinary talents... JB and I truly miss your great cooking! Hugs for for you! Miss you! Mommma

Anonymous said...

I def. would NOT want to go to a cock fight. :(